Quality and Environmental
Vishay Intertechnology’s primary goal is "to exceed the expectations of our customers.” The entire organization, beginning with top management, has worked consistently to meet this goal.
Vishay's reputation for quality is based on a commitment to the newest and most effective design, manufacturing, testing, and management procedures – including, but not limited to, design for manufacturing, statistical process control, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement methodologies.
To complement quality systems for each product line, Vishay maintains extensive testing laboratories at its facilities. As a result, the Company is well equipped to maintain qualifications to a wide range of specifications vital to the automotive, commercial, defense, medical, and aerospace markets, including:
- MIL (Military Specifications)
- ER (Established Reliability)
- CECC (CENELEC Electronic Components Committee)
- AS9100 (Aerospace Quality Management System)
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration Standards)
- ESA (European Space Agency)
- AEC-Q100/101/200 (Automotive Qualification Standard)
- ISO 9001 (Quality Management System)
- ISO/TS 16949 (Automotive Quality System)
- VDA 6.3 (German Automotive Industry Quality Standard)
- UL (Underwriters Laboratories)
- ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System)
- OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System)
- IRIS (International Railway Industry Standards)
- ISO 13485 (Medical Devices Quality Management System)
- ISO 50001 (Energy Management System)
Such assurances enable many customers to deploy ship-to-line programs with Vishay, eliminating the time and cost of receiving and inspections.
- A commitment to provide world-class customer service that starts with the Chairman and CEO and extends through top management and the entire workforce
- Continuous upgrading of product quality and customer service consistent with customer expectations
- Promoting supplier and customer partnerships to address changing requirements and problem-solving solutions
- Anticipating future product and service expectations of Vishay customers to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- A streamlined sales and marketing organization offering customers national and multinational support
Vishay Intertechnology Inc. is committed to conducting its worldwide operations in a socially responsible, ethical, and sustainable manner to protect the environment and ensure the safety and health of our employees, customers, and surrounding communities. This Company is also committed to continuous improvement on all environmental issues. The Company maintains ISO 14001 certifications and many of our facilities are OSHAS 18000 certified. Vishay Intertechnology Inc. is an EICC member and therefore has implemented the Electrical Industry Code of Conduct.
Vishay has established an Environmental Committee appointed by the Board of Directors. The formal EHS organization includes Environmental Professionals in each facility reporting functionally to Regional Directors. The Directors are functionally responsible to the Company’s Vice President, EHS. Complementing this structure is the Company’s Environmental Responsibility Policy, which details environmental responsibility for each management and employee level. Supporting the EHS organization is a network of external EHS consultants and legal resources.
On a continuous basis, the Company audits each facility and monitors key EHS measurements for compliance with Company goals for employee health and safety, resource use reduction, recycling, waste reduction, and the avoidance of non-compliance incidents. Results are provided to the Environmental Committee and Management on a continuous and periodic basis.
The Company has an aggressive Property Risk Management and Reduction program for all operating facilities. This program includes active inspections, risk prioritizing, monitoring and ranking, and the management of capital expenditures for risk reduction.
Vishay recognizes the potential environmental issues caused by the use of restricted substances and has an active program to reduce or, where possible, eliminate Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC). The Company has established a Product Environmental Compliance Program in order to keep current with international regulatory and customer material requirements. This program also includes a large bill of materials data base for the Company’s products. The Company is committed to respond to all inquires in standard report format in a timely manner.
|Environmental Policy PDFs|
|Hebrew||Spanish: Dominican Republic|
Lead-Free/RoHS/REACH Survey: Material/Substance Surveys, REACH information, RoHS certifications, etc.