For more information:
Media contact - Andrew Post, Sr. Manager, Global Communications
Vishay Receives Pinnacle Award from Delphi for Outstanding Quality Performance
Malvern, Pa. — June 16, 2006 — Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) is pleased to announce that it has been selected to receive Delphi Corporation's 2006 Pinnacle Award. The award from Delphi, a world leader in mobile electronics and transportation components and systems technology, recognizes suppliers primarily for their outstanding quality performance or quality improvement. Vishay is one of the world's largest manufacturers of discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components. The automotive industry is one of the many industries worldwide in which Vishay products are used.
As a Pinnacle Award recipient, Vishay has met or exceeded Delphi's requirements for recognition. These include the following:
- Green 12 month average quality score on the Delphi supplier scorecard;
- 0 major disruptions, 0 repeat problems, and single digit PPM;
- 50 % reduction in the number of problem cases in 2005 compared to 2004;
- Green indicator for ISO/TS16949 certification on the compliance section of the Delphi supplier scorecard;
- Not on the QFS/NBH list or controlled shipping list;
- Registered for the problem solver system;
- Submitted savings suggestions to the supplier suggestion application on the Delphi supplier portal;
- Met commodity savings objectives;
- Met requirements as identified in the Delphi customer-specific requirements.
The three specific Vishay manufacturing facilities recognized by Delphi for the 2006 Pinnacle Awards are located in Migdal Ha 'Emek, Israel; Dimona, Israel; and Taipei, Taiwan. Vishay components manufactured at these facilities include multilayer ceramic chip capacitors, tantalum capacitors, and rectifiers.
"Vishay is proud to receive this award from Delphi," commented David Valletta, Senior Vice President, Strategic Sales, Vishay. "The automotive industry is very important to us, and we are pleased to be recognized in this way by a world leader in the industry."
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., a Fortune 1000 Company listed on the NYSE (VSH), is one of the world's largest manufacturers
of discrete semiconductors (diodes, MOSFETs, and infrared optoelectronics) and passive electronic components (resistors, inductors,
and capacitors). These components are used in virtually all types of electronic devices and equipment, in the industrial,
computing, automotive, consumer, telecommunications, military, aerospace, power supplies, and medical markets. Vishay’s product
innovations, successful acquisition strategy, and "one-stop shop" service have made it a global industry leader. Vishay can
be found on the Internet at www.vishay.com.