For more information:
Media contact - Andrew Post, Sr. Manager, Global Communications
Vishay Intertechnology to Showcase Latest Technology Solutions at Techno-Frontier 2010 in Japan
MALVERN, PENNSYLVANIA. — July 7, 2010 — Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) will be exhibiting its latest technology solutions at Power Supply Japan, a focused exhibition on power supply at Techno-Frontier 2010, being held at the Tokyo Big Sight from July 21 to 23, 2010. On display in 3X-205, Vishay will feature its broad portfolio of industry-leading discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components. Attendees can learn how Vishay’s leading solution help designers to meet their specific requirements for saving space and costs in a wide range of applications.
Products on display:
• Chip antennas; PowerBridge™ rectifier series; PFC rectifiers; TrenchFET® Gen III p-channel MOSFETs; 100-V, 200-V, 600-V MOSFETs; new small-package PowerPAIR™ MOSFETs; MICRO FOOT® package MOSFETs; microBUCK™ integrated synchronous buck regulators; integrated DrMOS solutions; analog multiplexers.
New and key product highlights:
• Enhanced 30-A to 45-A PowerBridge rectifier series
– New space-saving, enhanced high-current-density PowerBridge(PB) rectifiers with a high case dielectric strength of 1500 V in the PowerBridge package, which features a body size of 30 mm x 20 mm with a height profile of 3.8 mm and offers more efficient performance than larger-sized bridge products.
– Low thermal resistance reduces heat generation and the need for heat sinks compared to larger-size bridge products with similar power ratings.
– The new devices offer package, lead pitch, and pin layouts that are compatible with the conventional GSIB-5S package. This saves time by eliminating the need to change the PCB layout and heat sink when system power is increased.
– +275 oC, 10-second solder dipping process enables high reliability in wave soldering or manual soldering.
• New 600-V, 8-A PFC rectifier series
– The new 600-V, 8-A devices feature an ultra-low typical voltage drop of 1 V at rated current, fast recovery times as low as 16 ns, typical leakage current at 125 oC down to 30 uA, and recovery charge down to 62 nC.
– Three versions are available for DCM/CRM, CRM, and CCM SMPS PFC. Each is available in TO-220AC and TO-220FPAC packages with a 175 oC maximum junction temperature rating.
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., a Fortune 1000 Company listed on the NYSE (VSH), is one of the world's largest manufacturers
of discrete semiconductors (diodes, MOSFETs, and infrared optoelectronics) and passive electronic components (resistors, inductors,
and capacitors). These components are used in virtually all types of electronic devices and equipment, in the industrial,
computing, automotive, consumer, telecommunications, military, aerospace, power supplies, and medical markets. Vishay’s product
innovations, successful acquisition strategy, and "one-stop shop" service have made it a global industry leader. Vishay can
be found on the Internet at www.vishay.com.
This press release refers to products under a trademark (PowerBridge) that has been replaced. These products are now referred to as isoCink+™ products.TrenchFET, MICRO FOOT , PowerPAIR, and microBUCK are registered trademarks of Siliconix incorporated.