For more information:
Media contact - Bob Decker, Red Pines Group
Vishay Intertechnology Announces “Super 12” Featured Products for 2011
Innovative components offer industry-leading specs for a variety of applications
MALVERN, PENNSYLVANIA — May 16, 2011 — Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) today announced its “Super 12” featured products for 2011. The line-up of components features industry-leading specs, such as on-resistance, on-resistance times gate charge figures of merit (FOM), temperature range, and current ratings. These innovative products, showcased at http://www.vishay.com/landingpage/super12/ver3/, are ideal for use in several key applications and provide a cross-section of Vishay’s very broad product portfolio.
The Super 12 products for 2011 are:
• 146 CTI SMD Chip Polarized Aluminum Capacitor — For automotive applications, the AEC-Q200-qualifed 146 CTI capacitor combines high-temperature performance to +125 °C, very low ESR down to 0.035 Ω, and a long useful life to 6,000 hours at +125 °C. The device is offered in eight case sizes ranging from 10 mm by 10 mm to 18 mm by 21 mm.
• SiR662DP 60 V N-Channel Power MOSFET — The SiR662DP offers the industry’s lowest on-resistance and on-resistance times gate charge FOM for 60 V devices in the PowerPAK® SO-8 type package. The device’s 3.5 mΩ on resistance at 4.5 V is 27 % lower than the closest competing device, while its FOM of 105 mΩ-nC at 4.5 V is 57 % lower.
• IHLP®-6767GZ-51 Power Inductor — The IHLP-6767GZ-51 offers the highest combination of temperature range (to + 155 °C) and current ratings of any surface-mount power inductor on the market. The device features a frequency range up to 750 kHz, typical DCR down to 0.89 mΩ, and inductance down to 0.47 µH.
• 45 V TMBS® Trench MOS Barrier Schottky Rectifiers — Vishay’s 45 V TMBS rectifiers are available in a very low-profile package with a typical height of 1.1 mm, in addition to P600 axial and power TO-220AB, ITO-220AB, TO-262AA, and TO263AB packages. The devices combine low forward voltage drop down to 0.39 V at 15 A and + 125 °C with a high + 150 °C maximum operating junction temperature.
• ACAS AT Thin Film Chip Resistor Arrays — Vishay’s AEC-Q200-qualified ACAS AT resistor arrays offer precision matched resistors in one package for voltage divider and feedback circuits. The devices provide a high power rating (P70) of 125 mW per resistor, super moisture resistivity of < 0.5 % (85 °C; 85 % RH; 56 days), and TCR tracking down to down to 10 ppm/K (± 5 ppm/K).
• VCNL4000 Fully Integrated Proximity/Ambient Light Sensor — The VCNL4000 is the industry’s first proximity and ambient light optical sensor to combine an IR emitter, photo-pin-diode, ambient light detector, signal processing IC, and a 16-bit ADC in one small 3.95 mm x 3.95 mm x 0.75 mm leadless (LLP), surface-mount package. The space-saving device supports an easy-to-use I2C bus communication interface and greatly simplifies designs in a wide variety of consumer and industrial applications.
• NTC Mini Lug Sensor — Vishay’s Mini Lug NTC sensors feature the industry’s smallest mounting space of 65 mm2 / 0.1 in2, and short response time of < 4 s to provide fast and accurate measurements over a wide temperature range from − 40 °C to + 125 °C.
• DG9454 Triple SPDT (2:1 Multiplexer) — Optimized for 3D shutter glasses, the DG9454 guarantees 1.8 V logic compatibility over an operational voltage range from 2.7 V to 12 V at V+ and 2.5 V to + 5.5 at VL, and features low power consumption down to < 1 µA to greatly enhance battery life.
• TP3 TANTAMOUNT® Molded Case SMD Capacitor —The automotive-grade TP3 features a robust construction and low ESR for engine controls and safety systems. 100 % surge current tested, the capacitor is available in the industry-standard A to E case sizes, and the new W case size for capacitance and voltage range expansion.
• 600 V FRED Pt Ultrafast Diodes —For DCM, CRM, and CCM PFC applications, Vishay’s 600 V ultrafast diodes are offered in a variety of power packages and offer an operating junction temperature of + 175 °C for a more robust and cost-effective design. The devices feature extremely low leakage current, forward voltage ratings, and Qrr and Trr. The new “U” series has been specifically designed for ultrafast soft recovery time.
• WSLP, WSLT, WSLS, and WSH Power Metal Strip® Resistors — Vishay’s Power Metal Strip resistors offer enhanced power-handling and environmental performance for current sensing and pulse applications. The WSLT resistor features high-temperature performance to + 275 °C. The WSLP and WSH offer very high power to 1 W in the 1206 case size and 5 W in the 2818 case size, respectively. The WSLS offers improved stability of 0.25 % and 0.5 %.
• SiZ730DT Asymmetric Dual Power MOSFET — Saving space and increasing performance, the SiZ730DT combines high- and low-side MOSFETs in one compact 6 mm by 3.7 mm PowerPAIR package, which is one third smaller than two discrete PowerPAK 1212-8 packages and two thirds smaller than two discrete SO-8 packages. In addition, the device’s asymmetric design provides a 30 % lower on-resistance than using a PowerPAK 1212-8 for the low-side MOSFET.
More information about Vishay’s Super 12 products is available at http://www.vishay.com/landingpage/super12/ver3/.
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., a Fortune 1000 Company listed on the NYSE (VSH), is one of the world's largest manufacturers
of discrete semiconductors (diodes, MOSFETs, and infrared optoelectronics) and passive electronic components (resistors, inductors,
and capacitors). These components are used in virtually all types of electronic devices and equipment, in the industrial,
computing, automotive, consumer, telecommunications, military, aerospace, power supplies, and medical markets. Vishay’s product
innovations, successful acquisition strategy, and "one-stop shop" service have made it a global industry leader. Vishay can
be found on the Internet at www.vishay.com.
This release in: